SAIGON NEWPORT REPRESENTATIVES ATTENDED “ASEAN PORTS AND SHIPPING 2022” EXHIBITION AND CONFERENCE HOSTED BY TRANSPORT EVENTS
During 3 days, from October 25th to 27th, 2022, in Ho Chi Minh City, the delegation of Saigon Newport Corporation (SNP) led by Captain Bui Van Quy – Executive Vice President of SNP, attended the International Exhibition and Conference "ASEAN Ports and Shipping 2022" hosted by the Ministry of Transport of Vietnam (MOT) and the Vietnam Chamber of Commerce and Industry (VCCI), for promotion of shipping, seaport and logistics sectors of Vietnam and the region to international investors.
Captain Bui Van Quy - Executive Vice President of SNP - is having the opening speech at the conference
Speaking at the conference, Mr. Bui Van Quy thanked SNP's enterprises, partners and shipping lines around the world. As a representative of SNP and Vice Chairman of Vietnam Seaport Association (VPA), Mr. Quy affirmed that Vietnam's economic growth continued to be stable in 10 months, with a steady stream of FDI capital reaching 17.45 billion USD, an increase of 15.2% year on year. Import and export turnover reached more than 616 billion USD, an increase of 14.1% compared to the same period last year. This is demonstrating a sustainable development in all fields, as Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh affirmed at a national meeting in October.
With the sustainable development goal, specifically in the field of seaports and the greening port industry, the conference brings to customers, shipping lines, ports and international and domestic businesses 6 major topics:
- Economic outlook for Vietnam and Asean. Options for Improving Regional Maritime Trade
- Port Development, Investments and Expansion: Prospering Trade Through Developing a Major Regional Logistics Centre
- Sustainable Port Developments: Insights in Reducing Carbon Footprint, Cultivating Workforce and Natural Resources in Powering Trade and Economic Growth
- Current Activities to promote the Shipping and Multimodal Connectivity with the Aim of Strengthening Supply Chain Movements in the ASEAN Region
- New Technology for Sustainable Operations, Improving Value Added Services and Reducing Carbon Emissions
- Strengthening Port Operations in Improving Service Delivery in Meeting Regional and International Supply Chain Demands
Photo of SNP’s Executive Vice President with speakers and representatives of Tanjung Pelepas port (Malaysia)
Faced with challenges and opportunities in the shipping, port and logistics industry in Vietnam, SNP will constantly learn and implement world trends such as sustainable development, greening seaports, etc., as well as improve application of advanced technologies, expand connectivity and strengthen cooperation to improve maritime trade in Vietnam and the region, worth being the leading seaport operator in Vietnam.