Welcome ceremony of the 5.000.000th teu handled at Tan Cang – Cat Lai container terminal in 2019
On 17 December 2019, Saigon Newport Corporation solemnly held the ceremony to welcome the 5,000,000th Teu handled at Tan Cang-Cat Lai container terminal (TCCL) and the announcement of Business plan completion in 2019 by Saigon Newport Corporation 15 days ahead of schedule.
- Receiving the largest container vessel – 45,000 DWT.
- Reaching Vessel handling productivity of 71 moves/ hour, increasing by 11% compared to 2018
- Cutting the delivery time for a container to only 43.8 minutes / container (reduced by 10% compared to 2018).
The results continued to make an impression and affirmed that TCCL is the most important gateway and the most dynamically seaport in the South. Revenue from import and export taxes through TCCL in 2019 reached over VND 70.000 billion, accounting for about 17% of the tax revenue of the city
Senior Captain Ngo Minh Thuan, President of Sai Gon New Port is giving a speech.
The 5.000.000th Teu handled at TCCL container terminal in 2019 is from MERGUI vessel on the 950S voyage of Mears Sealand. The vessel carried 1329 containers (equivalent to 2,400 teu) including 1300 Teu of import and 1,100 TEU of export. its route is from Ho Chi Minh City (Cat Lai) - Tanjung Plelepas- Singapore- Penang. Maerk Sealand is the world's leading container carrier and one of the top shipping lines that is calling at TCCL terminal for many years.
In 2019, with the motto, "Enhancing competitiveness, expanding investment, doing effective business, having sustainable development, SNP successfully completed the business tasks with the 06 “highlights”:
- Holding the highest ranking ever in the world’s top container terminals in terms of throughput volumes, moving 01 notch up to the 20th ranking (compared to 2018).
- Receiving the biggest ever container vessels (45,000 DWT at Tan Cang – Cat Lai container terminal; 160,000 DWT at Tan Cang - Cai Mep container terminals; 130,000 DWT at HICT in Hai Phong)
- Total container throughput of SNP’s terminals reached 8.75 million TEU, increasing by 15.5%. SNP holds nearly 50% market share nationwide, over 93% in Ho Chi Minh city area and 68% in Cat Mep Thi Vai area.
- Reaching the highest profit ever of VND 3,117 billion, increasing by 14%; budget contribution is VND 1,612 billion, increasing by 56%.
- Providing the best services quality at Tan Cang - Cat Lai container terminal so far: Vessel handling productivity reached 71.4 moves/ hour, increasing by 11% compared to 2018. Time for container delivery and receipt at the terminal takes 43.8 minutes / container (decreasing by 10% compared to 2018).
- Labor productivity increased by 10%; Average income of employees increased by 8.6%.
The fifth million Teu handled at TCCL as well as the achievements of Saigon Newport Corporation in 2019, is not only the great encouragement for SNP’s officials and employees, but also the honor and pride of Vietnam's seaport industry, which affirms Vietnam's economy continues to prosper in 2019. It is a motivation for SNP’s officials and employees continue to devote their intellect, efforts in the context of increasingly competitive port operation and logistics services.