The grand opening ceremony of specialized checkpoint at Tan Cang – Cat Lai Terminal
On 14th, January 2016, HCM City Customs Department cooperated with the Saigon Newport Corporation to hold the opening ceremony of "The specialized checkpoints at Tan Cang - Cat Lai Terminal".
"The opening of checkpoints zone in Tan Cang - Cat Lai terminal is a practical action of HCM City Customs Department in strictly implying of the Decision No. 2026 / QD-TTg dated 17/11/2015 of the Prime Minister on approving the project "Solutions for improving the effective and efficient operation of specialized inspection for export and import cargo" and document No. 7910 / VPCP- KTTH dated 10.02.2015 of the Government Office on the notice about the Prime Minister’s direction about the specialized tests for export and import cargo. HCM City Customs Department has actively cooperated with Saigon Newport Corporation, the specialized inspection agencies and businesses deployed to bring benefits for enterprises such as:
- Reducing 2 days for clearance time for a shipment needing specialized tests.
- The average 2 days reduction of clearance time for a shipment needing specialized tests because the results of specialized test announcement will immediately be transferred to Customs through IT network connection.
- Reducing average 2 days for clearance time for a shipment needing specialized tests if sampling is done at terminal
- Ensuring the legislation for specialized tests, sampling objective, honest results.
- Overcoming the situation that if sampling is not done in port, after the goods is out of the port. Business will prolong sampling period or fails to take samples for specialized test. That will be difficult for the monitoring and management.
- Reducing costs by reducing the clearance time of storage, convenient drawing of sampling.
- Reducing costs for getting out the sampling at port because port operator supports to transport cargo to a convenient location for sampling drawing and testing agencies are at port to get the sampling.
- Reducing the opportunity cost as the result of faster customs clearance.
Representative of Customs Department is making speech at the ceremony
At Tan Cang - Cat Lai terminal (under the management of the Customs department Zone 1) there are 06 representatives of testing agencies including the Institute of Public Health; Regional Veterinary Center Zone 6; Regional plant quarantine Center zone 2; Technical Center of Standardization, Metrology and Quality No 3 (Quatest 3); HCMC Vinacontrol Company and livestock - Animal Feed Testing and Inspection".
Speaking at the ceremony Colonel Ngo Minh Thuan - Deputy General Director of Saigon Newport Corporation stressed that the deployment of specialized checkpoints for export and import cargo at Cat Lai Terminal is extremely practical, effective in the process of modernization and the reform of administrative procedures of state management agencies. These have a strong impact on the export and import cargo at port in term of simplification of procedures, quickness, convenience and suitability with international practices. It helps to reduce clearance time, thereby reduce costs for port, shipping companies, and especially helps to reduce costs for import and export enterprises; increase competitiveness for Vietnam's goods on the international market.
Colonel Ngo Minh Thuan - Deputy General Director of SNP is making speech
At Cat Lai terminal, to shorten the clearance time in particular and time of delivery of goods through ports in general, in recent time, SNP has implemented a series of solutions such as: issue specific time norms for each loading, unloading activity at port; arrange working location for documentation units in a centralized location; apply online network information; provide services of doing formalities, online payment services... To the project 2026, SNP has actively collaborated with HCMC Customs Department, Custom Department Zone 1 in planning and preparing infrastructure, IT connection systems to directly transfer containers in vessel which need inspection/testing to specialized checkpoint area; significantly reduce time, costs for customers; particularly, SNP has allocated 06 offices (135m2) for specialized inspection agency at Cat Lai terminal. SNP undertakes to continue to create favorable conditions and close cooperate with HCM City Customs Department, Customs Department Zone 1 and specialized agencies to ensure successful implementation and effectiveness of checkpoints for export and import cargo, successfully imply the Project 2026 at Cat Lai terminal; contribute to improve business environment to bring practical benefits to importers and exporters, promote economic development in the City in particular and the country in general.