MOU signing ceremony between PSA Group and Saigon Newport corporation
On December 13, 2018, Saigon Newport Corporation (SNP) and PSA Group officially signed the memorandum of understanding (MOU) at SNP’s headquarter.
The two parties agreed to cooperate in many areas based on 6 P:
- Partnership:Building and developing partnership, firstly bringing benefits to partners; Partners must be strong enough to ensure long-term cooperation and success.
- Port Development: The two parties not only develop the port system along the coast, but also develop the inland port system and logistics system to link the supply chai
- Port IT System: PSA currently has two IT systems including Port Operating System and Port Community System (PORTNET). Port operating systems are divided into two types: large ports and small ports. PSA is always ready to share, support SNP to develop IT system in line with development strategy as well as industry trends of SNP.
- Platform Strategy: In the past two years, with the trend of CM 4.0, PSA has researched and applied IoT, Big Data. At PSA-Singapore Port, PSA has applied automation and centralize operation to Control Tower (the BOD and some departments have visited directly). PSA also has a subsidiary specializing in IT solutions in the field of logistics and port operations. Mr. Kim Pong who is the chairman of this company, is willing to support, help and cooperate with the SNP to develop a strategic platform for modern automation technology
- People Development: Identifying human resource is the key, deciding all successes, despite artificial intelligence, IoT ..., people still own everything. PSA has PSA University which specializes in training port operation and Logistics staff. PSA is also willing to provide training and retraining to SNP staff.
- Prosperity: The cooperation of both parties must bring prosperity to both parties
Senior Captain Ngo Minh Thuan – SNP President was also very happy and excited and highly appreciated PSA Group's willing cooperation and agreed with those “6 Ps”. In addition, he added two more Ps which is: SNP and PSA, strengthening their relationships based on 8Ps. The leaders of both parties also agreed to appoint a contact person for each party to exchange information, develop the next Action Plan after signing MOU to implement.
The signing MOU
PSA Group is one of the leading port operators in the world that participates in port projects throughout Asia, Europe and America. The company has extensive knowledge and experience in container port operations. PSA is well-known for providing the best and most reliable services as well as developing mutually beneficial relationships with partners.
Making speech at the signing ceremony, Senior Captain Ngo Minh Thuan – SNP’s President introduced the developments, achievements and business orientation of SNP in the near future. He also stressed that the MOU signing with PSA, is a right step and consistent with business orientation and strategy, promoting the strengths of both sides, combining the quintessence of port operation of the two countries and it is one of the vivid evidences to show the good friendship and cooperation relationship between Singapore and Vietnam.
Senior Captain Ngo Minh Thuan – SNP’s President is making speech at the signing ceremony
At the signing ceremony, Mr. Ong Kim Pong - General Director of Southeast Asia of PSA Group expressed his gratitude for the warm, professional, friendly and hospitable welcome of SNP leaders, congratsulated on the achievements and believed in the cooperation of the two businesses.