Phuc Long ICD organizes the customer thank- you party 2012
On 11 January 2013, Phuc Long ICD held “Customers’ thank -you party”. Attending the party, there were the representatives from SNP, Tan Cang Number 1, Tan Cang waterway transport JSC, Giang Nam CO., LTD, and representatives from Customs, port authorities and from the ports and ICDs in Ho Chi Minh City and Cai Mep area and the representatives of the shipping lines and customers who have supported and helped Phuc Long ICD.
Phuc Long ICD was established and officially put into operation in 2005. Since September 1, 2012, Phuc Long ICD has been changed into joint ventures and operated by Tan Cang waterway transport JCS (a subsidiary of SNP) and Giang Nam Co., Ltd. Giang Nam Co., Ltd is the business that has many years of experience in the transportation field, and Depot operation. This creates advantages for customers in delivery of goods at Phuc Long ICD and connecting to Cat Lai terminal, TCCT, TCIT, the Mekong delta region as well as other subsidiaries of SNP.
SNP Deputy general director - Mr. Tran Khanh Hoang was making speech at the party
Thanks to the unity of staffs, and their creativity at work which has helped them overcome challenges and has achieved some great results as:
- Improving productivity of shore cranes (from 11-12 moves / hour to 16-17 moves / hour / crane).
- Ensuring transporting outbound containers from ICD Phuc Long to Cat Lai and Cai Mep terminals and vice versa quickly and safely.
- Upgrading container managing Software (Container Management System), implementing sending EDI automatically to shipping lines.
- Continuing upgrading the software in order to receive EDI booking plans from shipping lines. This has helped in delivering empty container and sending the report data of outbound containers for shipping line accurately.
- Opening customers service center to take care and answer all the customers' queries.
- The output of Phuc Long ICD in Dec/2012 reached 29,000 TEU – 8% higher than those in August –time before the joint venture took over the ICD (26,841 TEU).